Prev: Fwd: [etranger] Call for Fire Next: Re: Away with ye, foul Chits of Doom!

Re: IF stuff. . .

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 21:49:34 -0400
Subject: Re: IF stuff. . .

> > The bit about marksmen being untrained is
> > relative--if you're using the Marksman rules on stargrunt.ca,
they're trained,
> > just not up to "sniper" level.
>
> I was referring to the tendency among some armies

Oh, you're thinking about the PAU, not the IF.... <grin>

> Platoons.  No automatic weapons at the platoon level.

I'd been thinking of attaching the HMGs from the company heavy weapons
unit to the platoon leader.  You could switch the HQ squad GMS/P team
to some other support weapon, if you want it organic.

> > intact IF squad has FP18 from its rifles, so once
> > they're IP they usually split fire, FP8+AGL+QD, then FP10+SAW+QD.

Note, by the way, that giving the IF low-grade weapons is an effort to
keep them balanced relative to the other squads in the book.  If you
want a challenge, give them NAC-equivalent gear.  Then you can split

Prev: Fwd: [etranger] Call for Fire Next: Re: Away with ye, foul Chits of Doom!