Prev: Re: Away with ye, foul Chits of Doom! Next: GZG West Coast Con 2?

Re: [DS2] Questions

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 17:10:17 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [DS2] Questions

--- Roger Books <books@jumpspace.net> wrote:

> turn.  If
> there were close assault rules for vehicles I would
> have forced
> a CA.  Since there weren't I couldn't see any
> justification
> for not allowing it.	Did I miss something?

Well, there are rules for close assaulting vehicles,
and I'd argue (and probably win the argument in the
crowd I game with) that if vehicles insist on driving
into infantry they are de facto initiating close
combat regardless of whether the rules permit it or
not.

Of course, I'd also argue that the infantry should get
to shoot first since historically it's blinding stupid
and effectively suicidal to drive into close combat
with infantry that are willing to stand their ground
and have effective antitank weapons.  Of course the
Infantry should have to pass a morale check as usual.
:)

This is shooting from the hip since I havn't got the
rules on hand.

> I'm designing RAM mortars for to support my
> infantry.  My main
> usage is going to be smoke and minefield clearing.
> I put
> two light artillery on a size three vehicle.	Do I
> get 3
> shots between the two or does the vehicle get 6
> shots for
> free?  I thought it was 3 for each artillery but
> Andy
> Cowell's vehicle generator goes the other way.

The vehicle generator makes some calls I disagre with.
 And some the rules disagree with.  This seems to be
one of them.  6 rounds it is.

Of course, that's one part of the rules I never
figured out.  How is it that one ammo load takes up 4
space?	By the rules, 3 extra rounds of ammunition
takes up twice as much space as a second mortar with 3
rounds of ammo.

Mortars take up NEGATIVE space?

John

Prev: Re: Away with ye, foul Chits of Doom! Next: GZG West Coast Con 2?