Prev: Re: TABLETOP DEBRIS Next: Re: HARD SCIENCE OR FUN?

Re: Dropships vs. Dropcaps

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 16:01:20 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Re: Dropships vs. Dropcaps

Robert Minadeo schrieb:
> But that still differs from the WWII era when there was no
> practical way to pick them up until the battle was over.

Actually, I don't think there are many who would claim that helicopters
can pick up a large force while a battle is raging around them. They
still are too vulnerable for that. Picking up a small troop, with other
craft laying down suppressive fire is more viable, but still very
risky.

And unless make your landers flying AFV, I don't see that for SF
either.

Greetings

Prev: Re: TABLETOP DEBRIS Next: Re: HARD SCIENCE OR FUN?