Prev: Re: SG/DS Orbital Insertion Next: Re: [SG] NSL Jaeger page.

Eureka AVLB

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 14:21:42 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Eureka AVLB

OK, this is kind of embarassing seeing as how I drive
the Real World one of these for a living, but I'm not
sure I've got this right.

It's got 5 pieces.  One looks like the hydraulic
framework with the "foot" (big flat piece that sits on
the ground when launching the bridge.)	Another looks
like a frame of some sort, and then you've got the two
bridge halves and the chassis.

Now, I can't seem to find a picture on the Eureka
website, so if someone's posted a pic of this mini I'd
appreciate it.

The foot piece has a square peg sticking out, but
there's no slot for it to stick into.  The support
bracket piece that looks like an E looks like the
middle arm of the E fits into a slot on the foot
piece.

If that's right, then what makes a bit of sense is for
the little peg to rest on the back of the deck, right
on the engine grill (!).  The foot then sticks out
about the right distance.  Balancing the bridge on top
in the right position, so that it can stick straight
up when the foot is on the ground, is a bit tricky but
it's just barely possible if I throw enough glue on
it.

The end result is even uglier and more topheavy than
the real thing, and I can't see how the hydraulics
would work (you're missing the scissors cylinder in
the bridge for one thing).

John

Prev: Re: SG/DS Orbital Insertion Next: Re: [SG] NSL Jaeger page.