Prev: Bye Next: Re: DS2 design querIES - NPC (Native People's Circle)

RE: Re: [SG] Point costs.

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 12:33:54 -0400
Subject: RE: Re: [SG] Point costs.

On 7 Jun 2002 at 11:31, David D. Taylor wrote:

> I have a friend that is interested in trying Stargrunt.  He already
> plays Full Thrust and I have already got him hooked on Dirtside.  The
> only problem he has with Stargrunt is the lack of a point cost system.

Try any of these:
http://www.netspace.net.au/~sneakin/expansion/e_points.htm
http://home.earthlink.net/~angstboy/Stargrunt/points.htm
http://meltingpot.fortunecity.com/maldives/738/rules/cost.html

Note, though, that two "equal point value" forces may not actually be
balanced in a situation--depends on the objectives, terrain, support
available from Company or Battalion, what the other guy has, etc.
Forex, how much is a MLRS battery worth?  Quite a bit, right?  But how
about if your FAO is sick and you have a Green-2 officer left trying to
call it in?  How about if the other guy has electronics warfare techs
jamming the frequency?	Etc.  What if you're defending with Green
troops, but the other guy thinks he's facing Vets?  Or the reverse?
Rather than go through all the arithmetic, it's probably better to come
up with a reasonable situation--"I've got two squads dug in to cover
this frontage, you're trying to push a reinforced platoon through"--and
just put the troops on the table.  If you get whipped, just learn
something from the AAR and vow revenge for next time.

Prev: Bye Next: Re: DS2 design querIES - NPC (Native People's Circle)