Prev: Re: POLITICIANS AND OTHERS IN GAMING Next: Re: Weapon Modelling

RE: [OT] It's D-Day (well, the 58th anniversary)!

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 11:26:45 +1000
Subject: RE: [OT] It's D-Day (well, the 58th anniversary)!

G'day,

> DS:
> How do people usually run orbital landings? Do you usually use
> invulnerable landers that just deploy the troops to the table *presto*
> or do you usually let weapons engage them? Do your landers
> usually hang around and fight?

In the odd one we've had has been engaged by anti-air and has mostly
scooted
once the troops are out.

> BOTH:
>
> And how to you do heliborne insertion from a hover in either case
> (DS/SG)? Both the standard hover and the free-rappel variety?

In the one game where we did do it we treated it as exiting a vehicle
but it
took the whole turn.

> And how to represent assault gliders in
> either, or insertion via hang glider or ultralight?

Fly in as per aerospace (or vtol or whatever depending on your speed)
and
bob's your uncle ;)

> Or zepellin?

I'd treat that like otehr "jump from plane" stuff.

Cheers

Prev: Re: POLITICIANS AND OTHERS IN GAMING Next: Re: Weapon Modelling