Prev: Re: PCS/NPCS AND UNLIMITED SCENARIO IDEAS Next: Re: [OT]Cobb's "Target Lock"

Re: [OT] It's D-Day (well, the 58th anniversary)!

From: John Sowerby <sowerbyj@f...>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 16:09:54 -0400
Subject: Re: [OT] It's D-Day (well, the 58th anniversary)!

>Having vulnerable landers would be tough, I think.  After all,
depending on
>the statistics you use, there is always going to be a small but
non-zero
>chance that ALL of the landers are shot down, which makes for a quick
but
>not very interesting game.  I suppose you could do somehting like
having the
>attacker put his forces into, say, 6 groups and then announce "OK,
groups 3
>and 6 were shot down.	Deploy the rest of your forces."    Hmmm, I
might
>just have talked myself into a DS2 game.  That sounds like fun.

Well, bear in mind that they won't just be going down on their tod, so
speak. Any force just sending the VTOL's or insertion units in without
some
form of spoofing or support in the form of ground suppression is doomed.

There should always be some get through...

John S.

---

Prev: Re: PCS/NPCS AND UNLIMITED SCENARIO IDEAS Next: Re: [OT]Cobb's "Target Lock"