Prev: Re: [FT] Small Craft and Customizable Fighters (long) Next: OT, was Re: PCS/NPCS AND UNLIMITED SCENARIO IDEAS

Re: [FT] Death Star II scenario

From: Randall L Joiner <rljoiner@m...>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 14:08:08 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] Death Star II scenario

This could be a wonderful DS2/SG and FT mixed fight...

The ground crew attempting to knock down the shields while the space
crew
attempts to live, then when the shields are down, go for the death
star...

For designs, might I suggest that you look at the shield type defense
system in
the archives to more properly fit the Star Wars feel?  Screens just
don't do it.
However, if you do adopt shields, then I also suggest allowing screens
as well,
to simulate evasive action/higher agility.  (It's harder to get hits
with
screens, it's harder to do meaningful damage with shields)

For fighter design for the rebel side...  It should feel about right if
you
"name" a tonnage and use it for the A-wing, X-wing, and Y-wing class
ships.	The
A-wing has higher engines, (and lvl-2 screens no armor low amount of
shields, if
you use the above suggestion) (And use sub-munitions to simulate
concussion
missles), the X-wing has more guns more armor more shields less screens
and some
reduction in engines (4 where the A-wing has 6) and use more thrusts as
torpedos.  Give the Y-wing more guns, more armor and shields, but a
speed of 2 or
3 and no screens.

For the Tie's, I'd give the tie screen lvl 1, the intercepter screen lvl
2, and
the defender with shields and screen-2...

Just my take on it.

On a side note, your friend will probably be able to play many more FT
games
(assuming the SO isn't psycho), at least until children enter the
picture...
Never found a bigger black hole for time than children, nor one I'm more
than
happy to let have all my time.

Rand.

Yves Lefebvre wrote:

> Hi,
>
> One of my friend is planning to do a Full Thrust game this sunday.
This
> will be his last game before he get married. Hopefully, there will be
other
> game after :)
>
> Anyway, he plan to do a mega game with 4-5 players and do the attack
of the
> Death Star II. I'm looking for hint from people here about things to
avoid
> or do to help him with his scenario.
>
> First of all, I don't think that he will follow the construction rule
> closely. Since it's a scenario, this won't be a problem. Also, he
plans to
> do fighter as small ship instead. We'll play in cinematic.
>
> Here is lineup (sorry, no stat yet) :
> Good guys :
>
> 2 b-wing
> 2 a-wing
> 2 y-wing
> 2-x-wing
> 1 faulcon
>
> Bigger ship :
>
> home one
> liberty
> Redemption
> tantive IV
>
> Bad guys :
>
> Executer (super star destroyer)
> Chimera (star destroyer)
> Devastator (star interdictor)
>
> 8 tie ln
> 4 tie interceptor
> 4 tie defender
> 2 tie bomber
>
> And the death star.
>
> His plan is to do something like this :
>
> turn 1 to 4 : only "fighter" on the map
> turn 5 to 8 : star destroyer appears (both side)
> turn 9 to 10: Death Star start firing (ouch!!)
> turn 11 to 15 : Inside the death star (We'll change map and probably
have
> some sort of maze, piloting skill will be important for the player)
>
> Obviously, this will represent only a part of the fight. Having more
ship
> than that on the table may be too long.
>
> I guess we should add some sort of boosted damage control on some
rebel
> figher (R2D2) to help them last long enough. Also, probably some
special
> rule for erratic movement for the small ship/figther so they don't get
> vaporised by Big ship (or just a penality for firing to them)... Maybe
even
> some needle weapon on the figther so they can do something to the big
ship.

> Big ship should have lots of hull I guess. Not sure about the weapon
however.

> The death star probably will be too big to think about firing on it.
So it

--
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic
hallway,

Prev: Re: [FT] Small Craft and Customizable Fighters (long) Next: OT, was Re: PCS/NPCS AND UNLIMITED SCENARIO IDEAS