Prev: Re: Off Topic list Next: AAR

Re: PCS/NPCS AND UNLIMITED SCENARIO IDEAS

From: DAWGFACE47@w...
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 09:08:39 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: PCS/NPCS AND UNLIMITED SCENARIO IDEAS

you are starting to wear a bit thin here, OERJAN.  i am not changing the
subject act all.

and i am not subject to interrogation by you or anyone	else, so back
off please, you are becoming a bit to strident and intense, to me.

now on with my answer.

i made reference to 40K and its tournement scenarios BECAUSE THIS IS
WHAT IS GOING ON AT MOST CONVENTIONS AND HOBBY SHOPS AROUND THE WORLD!

(and i base this upon personal observations and  observations from
friends  around the  world)

SG II / DS II /FT II wishes it had world  wide	 following the current
version of 40K does, let alone the following that  earlier  versions of
40K  still have. and that the player  variants of 40K have.

i do own the  latest v3 copy, as do most of my friends, but we got it
out of curiousity and decided this did	for 40k what DBM DBA did for
ancients-reduced it too a tournement game  only.  and none of us play in
tournements.

as far as 40K:RT (modified), and  40K v2 (modified), oooh, we have
played the  shit out of these rules!  the RT rules  were  i the spirit
of our gaming  commuity (play with what you own,  here are the	rules to
rate almost anything , etc). we still play (on average) 3 games of RT
(modified) for every 2 games of SG II, and do not feel at all restricted
i using them in their "official" universes either.

LOL- we are very "free spirits" with very big imaginations.

you will find toys from 20 or more years ago locked in combat with
todays toys. does not  bother us. we use  TRAVELER RPG	 rules for
developing our own  areas for  star wars, and you will find just about
every  starfaring alien race and variations of human  figures
manufactured represented. ditto for spaceships, spacecraft,
spacestations, and  starships.
the  more the  merrier!

we roleplay during our scenerios (tactical RPGing), have long (and short
) lived PCs and NPCs. good guys, bad guys, and gray guys.  one battle
may be 2 cops stopping a carload of bad guys.  the next a planetary raid
or invasion.

if this  does not suit your  own tstes fine. do you own thing and we
will continue doing ours. playing games and having  fun is the paramout
objective of our get togethers.

i do believe in my first post under the above  title,  i specified
describing NPCs after policians,  historical  figures, actors or
actresses, etc.

get real; when i person says the figure  looks like JOHN WAYNE, or
MADONNA and is speficially pointed out to ALL as  such,  the point is
made to a hell of a lot  folks in  modern world over the age of  20.

it is not needful to name the figure JOHN WAYNE, or etc,  and since to
my  knowledge there is no JOHN WAYNE or etc (well GZG does make a LUCY
LAWLESS and RENE O'CONOR pair, i have them),  figure  made  for any
sci-fi, game, we  will just have to fake it.

so the little lead hero with  LIEUTENANT CLARABELLE  painted on the
backside of the base, is specifically pointed out to ALL and  the
annoucementmade;  "This guy looks just like JOHN WAYNE in  " THE SANDS
OF IWO JIMA" or  in "THE FIGHTING  SEABEES"  is a clue	enough for our
gaming	group (which ranged from 13 to 60 years of age, by the way, male
and female).

 all of our soldiers for skirmish games  have names, and if they are
killed, they figure starts from scratch again with NO history. some
folks  leave the same name on the soldier  for his/her next incarnation,
some folks, rename the KIA before deploying  he/she again.

some lazy folks use numbers and temperary names for their  toys.choice
is the individuals, but   when naming or numbering  for  trackinng,  we
maintain up to date platoon rosters for our toys.

the RPG tactical gaming is an outgrowth of the	groups's  background  as
historical gamers, and RPGers from the	very start of our gamig
experieince. seems like a natural thing to do.

yes, i did make a mistake i makig the  blanket	assumption that everyone
was  with the program and esaily uderstood my short-hand, for detail
developed NPCs.

another thing; for some reason, i cannot cut and  paste as y'all with
real computers	do. so i normally  attache   theemail i am responding to
so i ca read  it  while   respong to it.  then i detach it.

in the case of the response to your post OERJAN, i sent the  attachment
i an effort to make it	easier to keep track of what i was talking
about, not be  be rude and not through stupidty.

have a nice  day, buddy.

Prev: Re: Off Topic list Next: AAR