Prev: Re: KILLDOZERS Next: Re: KILLDOZERS

RE: KILLDOZERS

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 14:26:51 +1000
Subject: RE: KILLDOZERS

On Thursday, June 06, 2002 12:58 PM, Laserlight
[SMTP:laserlight@quixnet.net] wrote:
> > lesson NO 1 to a an old  grunt is never let anything that is  meaner
> > than you or as mean as you to  have a chance to  hurt ya!
>
> I hought Lesson One is "Never Volunteer"--of which a subset is
> "Shooting at people attracts their attention.  And incoming fire has
> the right of way."

Well, David Drake mentions obscurely in some of his Hammers Slammers
books
that"although combat veteran's always parrot 'never volunteer', deep in
their hearts they know that it's boredom that kills, and will be the
first
to do so." (paraphrased, as I don't have the actual text handy.)

Although I think it's been reposted elsewhere, I found this in a search
and
it's dated 1995 and written by St^3 Jon
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3565/slammin-the-dirt.html

'Neath Southern Skies - http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernskies/
[sstrike] Raider Fleet of War Leader Kel'em'all

Prev: Re: KILLDOZERS Next: Re: KILLDOZERS