Prev: Weapon Modelling Next: Low-tech Comms (was: Re: SG Great War)

SG Great War

From: "Tomb" <tomb@d...>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 09:53:44 -0400
Subject: SG Great War

Brendan replied to me and said:

> Versus Modern: No comms will get through for the low-techs. Period. In
> fact, fake orders can probably be easily substituted/created.

Depends on the comms method.  If it's physical land-lines laid out
between
fixed defensive positions, I'd still allow a comms roll (it's not direct
comms though) unless the enemy managed to cut the lines.

[Tomb] I stand corrected! I think of comms as "over air" but you are
correct. Though I still think a roll should be required given the
quality of these lines... and yes, they should be strung and cuttable.
And would ultramodern guys have EM technologies which could stop the use
of such baseband landlines? Maybe, dunno.

Prev: Weapon Modelling Next: Low-tech Comms (was: Re: SG Great War)