Prev: Re: HOBBY PRODUCTS SF Next: Re: Old Crow miniatures

RE: [OT]Cobb's "Target Lock"

From: "Adam Benedict Canning" <dahak@d...>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 13:53:07 +0100
Subject: RE: [OT]Cobb's "Target Lock"

> Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 21:44:06 +0200
> From: KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de (K.H.Ranitzsch)
> Subject: [OT]Cobb's "Target Lock"

> great pleasure and lent inspiraiton to the world of Amanda Garrett'
> [US Navy Captain Amanda Garrett is the heroine of Cobb's book]
> 'Ian Fleming and James Bond
> Peter O'Donnel and Modesty Blaise
>
> James H.Schmitz and Trigger Argee

SF Recently reprinted by Baen books. the product release catalogue at
www.baen.com should have some of the first chapters and a few of the
short stories to read online.

Trigger is sort of a Troubleshooting agent for the Hub government.

> Norman Reilly Raine Raine and Tugboat Annie Brennan

Tugboat Annie : Widow Captain Annie Brennan has regular battles with
her chief rival Captain Horatio Bullwinkle. Tugboat Annie originally
began as a newspaper comic strip and a series of films.

Norman, Reilly Raine : American screenwriter Norman Reilly Raine first
worked as a reporter in Buffalo, NY, before becoming an officer with
the Canadian Expeditionary Force during WWI. Upon finishing his
military stint, Raine worked as an assistant editor for the Canadian
news journal MacLean's. Later, he became a frequent contributor of
short stories for leading magazines such as the Saturday Evening Post,
of which the most famous was his "Tugboat Annie" series. Later, this
popular series was brought to film in 1933 and 1940. Two of his other
works were also adapted for the screen before Raine himself became a
prolific writer of screenplays for Warner Bros. and others during the
mid-'30s. In 1937, he shared an Oscar for the script of The Life of
Emile Zola. ~ Sandra Brennan, All Movie Guide

> Shoji Kawamori, Haruhiko Mikimoto and Misa Hayase'

Misa Hayase. Best known as the Executive officer of the SDF-1 Macross,
later XO for the Alaska Grand Cannon, Captain of the SDF-1 for its
final flight and flew her flag on SDF-3 for the REF. A founder member
of the Sentinels, she is missing presumed dead after the SDF-3 went
missing during the REF/Sentinels joint attack on the new Invid
homeworld [Earth.].

Otherwise known as Lisa Hayes.

Haruhiko Mikimoto, Character designer for Gundam, Macross, Orguss etc.

Shoji Kawamori Director and Producer for among other things Macross
and Escaflowne.
http://www.anime.net/escaflowne/production/creators/kawamori_shoji/
has a list.

With the exception of the ones I had memorised, putting the names into
Google is a trivial exercise.

Prev: Re: HOBBY PRODUCTS SF Next: Re: Old Crow miniatures