Prev: Re: WARNING - ON TOPIC - INDEPENDANCE DAY Next: Re: Re: POLITICIANS AND OTHERS IN GAMING

RE: [FT] Weapon Mechanisms

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 10:23:28 +1000
Subject: RE: [FT] Weapon Mechanisms

On Wednesday, June 05, 2002 4:33 AM, Anthony Leibrick
[SMTP:A.Leibrick@btopenworld.com] wrote:
> How do members of the list envision what the various weapon mechanisms
represent?
Beams are multishot weapons, targetting all possibilities within the
maneouver envelope to account for time-on-target and ecm issues.
K-guns are garbage can guns, firing only a few shots, but at near light
velocities over a narrower targetted area.
P-torps are single shot weapons firing semi-guided energy munitions
(similar
to Photon torpedoes).

> For example I always think of the standard beam as almost a machine
gun
type effect, it blankets the area of the target with shots, the closer
in
the higher the percentage of possible hits.
> If you design a weapon, do you envision the effect you want to
simulate,
and design the mechanism to represent it, or do you think of a neat mech
and
nominate what weapon this simulates

In the end, because it's a generic system; they represent whatever YOU
want
them to represent (frozen hot dogs at 100 metres anyone?)

'Neath Southern Skies - http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernskies/
[sstrike] Raider Fleet of War Leader Kel'em'all

Prev: Re: WARNING - ON TOPIC - INDEPENDANCE DAY Next: Re: Re: POLITICIANS AND OTHERS IN GAMING