Prev: Re: The same old shit!!! Next: Re: POLITICIANS AND OTHERS IN GAMING

Re: POLITICIANS AND OTHERS IN GAMING

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 18:11:01 -0400
Subject: Re: POLITICIANS AND OTHERS IN GAMING

DAWGFACE47@webtv.net wrote:

> LOL-so a discussion of sleazy politicos  does not apply to wargaming
> topics?

Dawgie, whatever the hell you posted earlier ("HARKEN") had absolutely
nothing to do with wargaming, much less GZG stuff. It was just spouting,
pure and simple.

> i suggest a read of  how sleazy or incompetent or corrupt, or all
three
> rolled into one, politicos, has been a problem for nation's security,
> international  alliances, and  "guaranted treaties" since  there have
> been politicos!
>
> just so happens that I model some of my favorite villains and
> incompetents	on real life politicos, officers,  actors, actreses,,
> public   figures and folks  known to myself and  my frieinds.
>
> some of you folks  do play games with  local backgrounds do you not?
>
> just how well do y'all develope these TUFFLEYverse worlds?
>
> or do any of y'all use the  toys and rules  for alternate universes?
>
> pickup gaming has always been relatively rare among the  majority of
the
> folks i have known as gamers.
>
> we have nearly always had scenarios, since the  very beginning, and
have
> done zillions of campaigns over the  years.
>
> planets and  star systems are fully developed using the old TRAVELLER
> RPG system, maps  drawn  in advance  or when needed and  kept on file,
> personas for NPCs developed that CAN and DO influence events out of
> players hands.
>
> we call it tactical RPGing.

Fine, dandy, great. Still, no way does this even begin to address what
some of your posts entail, which are mostly rants and raves. When people
here do post about their worlds, universes, whatever, they do so in the
context of that universe, in the context of the GZGverse or games.

> sooo , if you want to readily identify a sleazoid politico, law
> enforcer, military type, we often use  short hand  based upon readiy
> recognized   PUBLIC  FIGURES, POLITICINS, ACTORS, ACTRESSES, MILITARY
> /NAVAL OFFICERS, NCO TYPES, etc.
>
> so when you want to get the point across about the  honesty and
dedicate
> of a colonial lawman, you would  say,
>
> 'looks and  acts just like  SEAN CONNERY in OUTLANDS"
[...]
>  an incompetent,  cowardly general or admiral?
>
> "he is just like GENERAL WINDER before and at THE  BATTLE OF
BLADENSBURG
> ."
>
> GOT IT?  figured it t now?  it is very on topic and useful to model
> gaming NPC  personas on real life  folks.

Actually, no.

Dawgie, your premise above is but a thinly veiled attempt to justify
something that had absolutely nothing to do with anything relevant
for this list. By your logic, ANYthing discussed here is game-related
in some form or other, if one would only stretch one's imagination wide
enough. And therefore this should be a free-flow forum. However, that
is simply not the case. This is a forum for discussing GZG-related
gaming. Yes, it drifts afield and covers a wide spectrum of things,
but even in these forays beyond or around the GZG universe at least
people make serious attempts to make it *related* to the games Jon
puts out.

So, in answer to your "GOT IT?" question: no. It is not on topic by any
stretch of the imagination when you present things in a manner that has
no bearing on games, scenarios, etc. The msg you posted a couple weeks
ago about a hostage scenario, THAT was on topic. THAT was a good post.
Your other stuff lately....no. Low signal, much noise.

Prev: Re: The same old shit!!! Next: Re: POLITICIANS AND OTHERS IN GAMING