Prev: Re: Re: AMERICANS Next: RE: POLITICIANS AND OTHERS IN GAMING

POLITICIANS AND OTHERS IN GAMING

From: DAWGFACE47@w...
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 11:26:45 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: POLITICIANS AND OTHERS IN GAMING

LOL-so a discussion of sleazy politicos  does not apply to wargaming
topics?

i suggest a read of  how sleazy or incompetent or corrupt, or all three
rolled into one, politicos, has been a problem for nation's security,
international  alliances, and  "guaranted treaties" since  there have
been politicos!

just so happens that I model some of my favorite villains and
incompetents  on real life politicos, officers,  actors, actreses,,
public	 figures and folks  known to myself and  my frieinds.

some of you folks  do play games with  local backgrounds do you not?

just how well do y'all develope these TUFFLEYverse worlds?

or do any of y'all use the  toys and rules  for alternate universes?

pickup gaming has always been relatively rare among the  majority of the
folks i have known as gamers.

we have nearly always had scenarios, since the	very beginning, and have
done zillions of campaigns over the  years.

planets and  star systems are fully developed using the old TRAVELLER
RPG system, maps  drawn  in advance  or when needed and  kept on file,
personas for NPCs developed that CAN and DO influence events out of
players hands.

we call it tactical RPGing.

sooo , if you want to readily identify a sleazoid politico, law
enforcer, military type, we often use  short hand  based upon readiy
recognized   PUBLIC  FIGURES, POLITICINS, ACTORS, ACTRESSES, MILITARY
/NAVAL OFFICERS, NCO TYPES, etc.

so when you want to get the point across about the  honesty and dedicate
of a colonial lawman, you would  say,

'looks and  acts just like  SEAN CONNERY in OUTLANDS"

 want  to quickly describe a deadly, remorseless humanoid robot
assassin? he is just like,

"ARNIE in THE TERMINATOR movie!"

or if you want a verbal shorthand  description to go with the generate
profile of a lying, sleazy,  ccorrupt, self serving bull shit artist of
and NPC colonial governor, you would  say,

"looks and acts just  like BILL CLINTOON , GARY HART,  NEWT GINCRICH,
and etc."

you want to depict an NPC bimbo hanging out at a bar, verbal shorthand
would  be,

"she looks  and  acts just like MADONNA at her	worst"

a small time  dictator from a second or third through seventh rate
power? he/she is just like,

"MUSSOLINI, SADAM  HUSSEIN,  POPA DOC,	EDIE AMEIN, EL SUPREMO, etc"

 an incompetent,  cowardly general or admiral?

"he is just like GENERAL WINDER before and at THE  BATTLE OF BLADENSBURG
."

GOT IT?  figured it t now?  it is very on topic and useful to model
gaming NPC  personas on real life  folks.

DAWGIE

Prev: Re: Re: AMERICANS Next: RE: POLITICIANS AND OTHERS IN GAMING