Prev: Full Thrust Ship Creator Next: Why Russia didn't invade the rest of Europe

Re: Re:[SG] conversion for WWs

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 07:55:38 +0200
Subject: Re: Re:[SG] conversion for WWs

There's a SG WW2 conversion at:
http://www.l-25.demon.co.uk/

> The assault rifles that the Germans were starting to use later in the
war
> (I forget the names, but there were two I'm thinking of - one had, I
> believe, an "MP-something" designation, and the other was the cool
looking
> gun made for the paratroops that had a side-mounted magazine and a
pistol
> grip that was angled back like a Luger pistol's) would be FP2, IMP d8
(for
> the first) and d10 (for the second).

The light assault rifle had shortened rifle ammunition cartridges with
smaller powder charges -  hence the weaker impact factor. It had various
names, as originally Hitler (and a lot of other people) frowned on the
idea
and the project was started as a new machine pistol.

It started off as "Maschinenkarabiner 42" / Mkb 42 - Machine Carbine
To hide its purpose t was renamed "Maschinenpistole 43" / MP 43 -
Machine
pistol
Once Hitler was convinced, he renamed it to the more impressive
"Sturmgewehr
44" / Stgw 44 - assault rifle

Info here:
http://world.guns.ru/assault/as51-e.htm

Among the interesting accessories were an infra-red scope for night
fighting
and a curved barrle extension that allowed to shoot around corners
without
exposing yourself.

The 'cool-looking' one was designed for the paratroopers and used
full-power
rifle cartridges because the Fallschirmjäger wanted long-range
firepower. It
was called simply  ;-) the 'Fallschirmjägergerät 42'	/ FG 42 -
Paratrooper's machine 42

Pictures here:
http://www.fg42.net/

Greetings

Prev: Full Thrust Ship Creator Next: Why Russia didn't invade the rest of Europe