Prev: RE: [SG] And now for something completely on-topic. . . Next: RE: [FH] FCT founding talk

[OT] Korean War Jets

From: Robert Makowsky <rmakowsky@y...>
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2002 04:20:40 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [OT] Korean War Jets

Dawgie,

The contest in Korea boiled down to the MIG-15 vs the
F-86.  Any other comparisons are moot.	Yes the MIG
was better than the F-84 but the F-84 was better than
the YAK-9.

The MIG-15 was designed as a multi-role fighter and
one of its roles was to attack bombers.

To compare it to "the majority of US Jets and other
aircraft"  would not make too much sense.  You have to
compare it to its main rival the F-86.

In an attempt to drag this back on topic...

Fighters have always been an area of hobby study for
many military buffs.  I think there could be more
development of fighter designations and such to flesh
out a campaign FT game.  Even tie it in with R&D so
that you could spend points to add Torpedo capability
to the ESU Raptor-12 or some such.

Bob

--- DAWGFACE47@webtv.net wrote:

> maybe  john was referrinig to the  MIG superiority
> over the  majority of
> the US jets and other aircraf?
>
> it was designed to shoot down us  bombers if i
> remember  rightly, and it
> was way ahead of the first US jets to see combat in
> Korea .
>
> DAWGIE

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com

Prev: RE: [SG] And now for something completely on-topic. . . Next: RE: [FH] FCT founding talk