Prev: Re: Red Star/White Star in 45-46 Next: Re: Star Wars: Ep II (ish) 25mm Figures

Re: [SG] Hostages

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@w...>
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 16:53:06 +1000
Subject: Re: [SG] Hostages

From: "John Atkinson" <johnmatkinson@yahoo.com>

> --- Alan and Carmel Brain <aebrain@webone.com.au>
> wrote:
>
> > > NRE response:  Take the citizenry and deport them.
> >
> > Ah, the Milosevic tactic.
>
> Nah, we're professional about it.  We don't rape the
> women and boys first.

...if there's anybody watching. How do they feel about Sheep
though?

> > (Note: Any resemblance between the NRE and FMA's
> > political beliefs is purely coincidental - in fact,
> > it's not even coincidental, there IS no resemblance
> > that I can see. You'll probably get flamed by the
> > hard-of-thinking anyway. Reasonable response,
> anyway.)
>
> I'm using actual Byzantine response here. . .

Yup. Roman too.

Notice my first name, Alan?

There was this bunch of nomadic tribesmen just NE of the
Black Sea and NW of the Caspian, called... the Alans.
Bunch of troublemakers, they were. Gave the poor
Roman-sympathising Hsu'nan (Hun) immigrants a hard time.
Like the Sarmations of the same area, young girls had
to bring back an enemy's head before they could marry.

Unlike the Sarmations, the head didn't always have to be
detached if the enemy was good-looking enough, according
to one source.

So the Romans shipped them to the other end of the
Empire, to ( The Horror! ) Gaul. Where they settled
down, named a lot of places "Alainville" etc and from
there spread their Genes, but not their culture ( which
was probably some form of koumiss or yogurt). Though their
penchant for riding horses round while wearing chainmail
caught on in a big way half a millenium later.

And a lot of people in Europe ended up being called
Alan, Allan, Allen, Alain, or some other variation.

Yet another reason why anyone who speaks of a homogenous
"White Race" is sooo obviously up themselves, they get loo
paper on their toothbrush.

You know this would make an excellent FT/SG/DS2 background...

Prev: Re: Red Star/White Star in 45-46 Next: Re: Star Wars: Ep II (ish) 25mm Figures