Prev: Re: The same old shit!!! Next: Re: Red Star/White Star in 45-46

Re: Free Cal-Tex RE: [FH] IF, PAU, FSE and ESU

From: John Leary <john_t_leary@y...>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 23:17:37 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Free Cal-Tex RE: [FH] IF, PAU, FSE and ESU

--- Randall L Joiner <rljoiner@mindspring.com> wrote:
> The fluff I use is based a bit further into the
> future than the formation...	And made some
assumptions due to the group around here's love
> of the SDN.
>
> Quick run down of (admittedly my) FCT ships:
> Break-away:  NAC ships, FCT crews.  Some minor
> varients.
>
> First years: ...
-----
Agree.

> vessels (Cruisers and higher) were purchased from
> NAC and NSL shipyards as is.
-------
I used the concept of auxilary merchant cruisers
(from the NSL) converted at a secret base to provide
the basis of the easy FCT breakaway from the NAC.
Plus the FCT loyalists in the NAC fleet would have
caused the NAC to become a second of third rate
power should a battle have taken place.

 >Smaller ships, when possible, were built locally, or
contracted out to NAC and NSL shipbuilding yards,...
------
My concept came with a complete shipbuilding and
refit yard around one of the planets.	Due to
its location on the map this is reasonable.

> I'll also note that my designs tend to mount P-torps
> where you would find ...
FCT=P-torps and medium to
> fast speeds (5 is fleet average))
-------
I tend to agree with you here, as I prefer slightly
faster ships and do use P-torps, I perfer the BDN
size for flexability.

Bye for now,
John L.

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: The same old shit!!! Next: Re: Red Star/White Star in 45-46