Prev: Gurkha Figs Next: CHALLENGE OR QUESTION

[OT] KHR's Russian Beauty Queen

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@m...>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 16:47:25 -0400
Subject: [OT] KHR's Russian Beauty Queen

Read this one and tell me it doesn't smack of
political/ad-man opportunism:
http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/holnus/03312208.htm

For Pix and more coverage, go here:

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/stories/2002/05/31/001.html

or

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/cgi-bin/news/newswire.cgi/news/reuters/2002/05/
30/topnews/raven-hairedrussianismissuniverse.html&template=/news/templat
es/newswire/news_story_reuters.html

or

http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/breakingnews/story/0,1895,122840,00.htm

(Interesting: Note none of the top 10 are
blonde... all seem to be brunettes.... this is kind
of a new thing, no?)

I figure I can get away with being OT, given this
nicely gets us away from the whole nationalist
frenzy.... and as much as Mr. Atkinson amuses
me..... a cute gal wins every time..... and she
appears to have brains in even greater
proportions (except for the bit about being a
lawyer...)  ;-)

http://www.europeaninternet.com/russia/

Some interesting articles about Russia. What
(oddly) caught my eye was the military picture
showing a tank crossing some water with a
team of guys in a boat rowing in the
foreground. Also, take a quick look at the poll
on the bottom left. Interesting who isn't on the
list..... (or would be covered by "don't know")....

T.
Thomas Barclay
Co-Creator of http://www.stargrunt.ca
Stargrunt II and Dirtside II game site

No Battle Plan Survives Contact With Dice.
-- Mark 'Indy' Kochte

Prev: Gurkha Figs Next: CHALLENGE OR QUESTION