Prev: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1175 Next: Re: Cola Wars Re: [FH] americas

Re: Cola Wars Re: [FH] americas

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 12:52:25 -0500
Subject: Re: Cola Wars Re: [FH] americas

On 31 May 2002 09:38:26 -0400, Tim Gray <tgray@adacplastics.com> wrote:

>Yes!  The whole thing can foment on the Cola Wars... more specifically,
>if a virus or bacteria were to get into our soft-drink factories and
>such that broke down caffeine...

Eh, no problem. I'm already forced on caffeine free Diet Coke. Americans
would
adapt. *S*

>The entire nation would go into turmoil as the average citizen wouldn't
>be able to function at work without his/her coffee and our youth would
>go into withdrawals without their Mountain Dew!

Just to point out a cultural difference, Canadian Mountain Dew doesn't
have
any caffeine in it! Oh, and Canadian Coke tastes better than American
Coke
(American uses corn syrup, Canadian uses cane sugar). Diet Coke is
essentially
identical in the two countries, though.

>First thing to fall apart would be the parts of the internet that are
>supported by American-based IT personnel.
>
>It would be horrible and frightening... oh the humanity!

You know, you do have a point here!

http://www.hyperbear.com

unimaginable mortician was revealed!"
 - from the Random H.P. Lovecraft Story Generator:

Prev: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1175 Next: Re: Cola Wars Re: [FH] americas