Prev: Re: Many things Next: Re: Cola Wars Re: [FH] americas

Re: Whining from foreigners.

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 10:34:29 -0500
Subject: Re: Whining from foreigners.

On Thu, 30 May 2002 20:34:18 -0700 (PDT), John Atkinson
<johnmatkinson@yahoo.com> wrote:

>(and
>are Americans the only ones that believe in holding
>our politicos responsible for stupidity??)

Geez, John, give some warning when you let off a funny. I almost choked
on my
Diet Coke.

I haven't seen _anything_ that suggests that Americans are any better at
holding their politicians responsible for stupidity than Canadians, or
Brits,
or anyone else for that matter. Of course, I'm somewhat biased in that
I'm in
Louisiana. (40 states have higher taxes than LA; LA is near the bottom
in
education, health, crime and the environment; LA's governor wants to
lower
taxes... no one seems to see the stupidity here...). Still, I've seen it
at
the federal level as well.

This is entirely off topic, but the American democratic system is no
better at
curbing stupid politicians than any other democratic system.

http://www.hyperbear.com

unimaginable mortician was revealed!"
 - from the Random H.P. Lovecraft Story Generator:

Prev: Re: Many things Next: Re: Cola Wars Re: [FH] americas