Prev: RE: [FH] Backgrounds ( was IF, PAU, FSE and ES Next: Re: [FH] americas

RE: [FH] americas

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 15:09:27 +1000
Subject: RE: [FH] americas

G'day,

Edward said:
> If Coca-Cola went bankrupt, the society would be in chaos within days.

And not just in the US ;)

John pointed out:
> Attacks tend to unite us rather than destabilize us.
> It would have to be internal because no can do it to
> us in the time frame specified.

The final straw may need to be internal, but I was wondering if external
factors may set the scene, or help to. I don't know what the climate is
like
in the US, but between last September, economic mismanagement and
skyrocketing law-suits in the last 12 months we've lost our major
general
insurance company, a major airline, the major doctor's insurer, most
public
activities have shut as they can't get affordable liability insurance,
same
thing with building insurance. We've seen our economy go from surplus to
deficit and some rather "interesting" political decisions made re:
borders,
military structure, protection against biological attacks etc etc.
Australia's not set for a civil war by any means, but the consequences
have
been very wide ranging and hit areas you'd have least expected I
would've
though (but then what I know about economics probably wouldn't cover the
head of a pin carried by an angel dancing on the head of the original
pin).

Cheers

Prev: RE: [FH] Backgrounds ( was IF, PAU, FSE and ES Next: Re: [FH] americas