Prev: Re: Whining from foreigners. Next: RE: Nettings for 25mm helmets

Re: Whining from foreigners.

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 20:34:18 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Whining from foreigners.

--- "Imre A. Szabo" <ias@sprintmail.com> wrote:

> That tragedy of World War 1 was that for most major
> combatants, freedom was
> NOT at stake.  They paid entirely too high a price
> for what should have been
> a limited regional war between the Austro-Hungarian
> Empire and the Russian
> Empire.  What when wrong, idiot politicians driven
> by incompetent generals.
> The generals did not have plans to deal with limited
> regional wars and the
> politicians didn't have the guts to enough to tell
> the generals no.

Heh. . . on this one, we agree.  I've never figured
out what the hell the French were smoking to conclude
an alliance with the Russians, with whom they have
nothing in common and few joint interests other than a
burning fear/envy/inferiority complex regarding
Germany.

Having said that, once their idiot politicians (and
are Americans the only ones that believe in holding
our politicos responsible for stupidity??) got them
into the war, I would suggest that at least a certain
amount of the freedom of the French people as a whole
would be circumscribed had they lost.

John

Prev: Re: Whining from foreigners. Next: RE: Nettings for 25mm helmets