Prev: RE: Nettings for 25mm helmets Next: Names and nationalities (was: something old and tired)

Re: Many things

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 23:04:19 -0400
Subject: Re: Many things

From: Thomas Barclay <kaladorn@magma.ca>

> 3) War of 1812:
> Canucks  like to trumpet about burning Washington.

You're welcome to do it again, although would have been better a few
years ago....

> 6) DAWG, I'm sure the people saved from
> genocide (and not everyone is, to be sure) by
> UN forces (even unarmed ones, by their mere
> presence and observation) are thankful.

Distinction: the UN forces on the spot are not necessarily screwed up,
themselves.  Some of them certainly are, but some aren't.  However, if
the UN HQ gives them an idiotic ROE -- which as I understand it has
been the case too often--then to some extent the UN is responsible for
the rapes, murders etc that could have been prevented if HQ had let
the soldiers do their jobs properly.

Of course, some UN agencies actually do cause problems, but it's off

Prev: RE: Nettings for 25mm helmets Next: Names and nationalities (was: something old and tired)