Prev: Zombie sources Re: No longer the same old shit!!! Next: Re: Re: [OT] Invading America

Re: [SG] NSL Jaeger page.

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 19:10:42 +0200
Subject: Re: [SG] NSL Jaeger page.

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Atkinson" <johnmatkinson@yahoo.com>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Friday, May 31, 2002 5:24 AM
Subject: Re: [SG] And now for something completely on-topic. . .

> --- "K.H.Ranitzsch" <KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de> wrote:
>
> OK, but popular demand. . .
>
> http://www.angelfire.com/va/basileus/jaegers.html
>
> The Jaeger Company as posted on stargrunt.ca

Nicely done.

A few comments:

"The NSL Army is a directline descendant of the Prussian Army of
Fredrick
the Great and has revived some units with lineages nearly that old. "
The direct line is a bit problematic, but if you accept it, you could
easily
have (or revive) units rather older than that. For example, the Austrian
Hoch-und Deutschmeister Regiment had a tradition linking it to the
Teutonic
Knights.

Some spelling to correct:
Caeser, Parlimentary, to loose sight

"The German officer is highly educated and steeped in his doctrine. As a
result he tends to take personal initiative and inform his chain of
command
later. There is a strong tradition of 'mission directives' rather than
detailed operations orders and a preference for creativity over school
solutions. "
I see what you mean and am fine with it. However, I feel the phrasing is
bit odd. At first reading, 'doctrine' implies a fairly rigid attitude.
Saying that "As a result [of doctrine] somebody takes personal
initiative "
doesn't seem logical. I suggest to reorder the sentences:
"The German officer is highly educated and steeped in his doctrine.
There
is a strong tradition of 'mission directives' rather than detailed
operations orders and a preference for creativity over school solutions.
As
a result an officer tends to take personal initiative and inform his
chain
of command later. "

"Basically a race of watchmakers" I would prefer a "nation" or a
"people".

You discuss Austirans, Croatians and Moravians. What about the
Hungarians ?

"Their squad automatic weapon is overly complex, but a decent design
none
the less. " We occasionally manage to make a decent simple item, like
the
MG42 :-)

Again, nice piece.

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Zombie sources Re: No longer the same old shit!!! Next: Re: Re: [OT] Invading America