Prev: Re: [OT] Invading America Next: Re: [OT] Invading America

Re: [OT] Invading America

From: John Sowerby <sowerbyj@f...>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 10:46:43 -0400
Subject: Re: [OT] Invading America

>Given the number of German immigrants in the North, and the British
>cultural heritage of the South, I find that culturally plausible but
>politically distasteful.  Of course being pro-Germany in WWI doesn't
>rankle me quite the way it would in WWII.
>
>3B^2

Yes, the politics is pretty strange. I know that the British wanted to
look
the other way at times for the sake of the cotton, but the slavery issue

should still have been a sticking point in any alliance between the CSA
and
GB.

John S.

---

Prev: Re: [OT] Invading America Next: Re: [OT] Invading America