Prev: Re: [OT] Invading America Next: [OT]Oh Boy (was Re: The same old shit!!!)

Re: The same old shit!!!

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 09:00:51 -0500
Subject: Re: The same old shit!!!

On Thu, 30 May 2002 08:00:20 -0400, "Imre A. Szabo" <ias@sprintmail.com>
wrote:

>So how is this different from Louisana electing a Klu Klux Klan leader
>their state government?

Is David Duke in the State assembly? I don't know enough of local
politics,
yet, to know for sure.

He did _not_ win the Governor race, though, if that's what you're
alluding to.
Edwards beat him. Edwards is currently awaiting sentencing after being
found
guilty of graft. (Ironically, he was probably _not_ guilty of the one
thing
they finally caught him on.) Louisianans voted for Edwards, a known
"crook",
over Duke. My two all-time favourite campaign slogans are, "Vote for the
Crook, it's important" and "Vote for the Lizard, not the Wizard".

However, you do make a good point. There are still pockets of extreme
racism
down here. I haven't seen much overt racism among local residents (i.e.
people
I live beside). However, I have driven past the "headquarters" of a
white
supremacist organization about 50 miles from here, I have seen some
David Duke
political stickers in the back woods, and there was some recent
vandalizing of
predominantly Black grave markers just over the border in Arkansas this
weekend.

http://www.hyperbear.com

unimaginable mortician was revealed!"
 - from the Random H.P. Lovecraft Story Generator:

Prev: Re: [OT] Invading America Next: [OT]Oh Boy (was Re: The same old shit!!!)