Prev: Re: "My mob" Next: Re: "My mob"

Re: [OT]Episode II: I knew it! (Minor Spoiler and Some Ranting About The Actual Movie)

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 19:24:32 +0200
Subject: Re: [OT]Episode II: I knew it! (Minor Spoiler and Some Ranting About The Actual Movie)

Mike Llaneza wrote:

>In Episode 2, the clone army was commisioned by someone on the Jedi
>Council acting under a false identity. Notice how Yoda just took off
and
>collected the clone army - and the fleet that transported it - and lead
it
>into battle. That had to have been his army. He set it up, he used
it.Then
>he gave it to Palpatine.

No, it didn't have to be Yoda who ordered the creation of the army. In
fact
it can't have been him - because the person who handled the contacts
with
the Cloners (can't remember what they were called) after their Jedi had
died (very soon after Ep.I) and who recruited Jango Fett to serve as
their
model was Darth Tyrannus, aka Count Dooku... who had been thrown out of
the
Jedi Order years before, and who was Palpatine's Sith apprentice. This
strongly suggests that it was Palpatine, not Yoda, who ordered the clone

army -.or at least suggested to the former, now deceased, head Jedi that

his race create the clone army for the Republic.

However, since the Cloners thought that it was the Jedi Order who had
ordered the clone army - well, of course they wouldn't refuse one of the

Order's highest officials from taking the army with him!

So, well... it seems to me that Palpatine/Darth Sidious ordered
Dooku/Darth
Tyrannus to start the "robot rebellion" so that Palpatine could get his
special powers and then "accidentally discover" the Clone army and use
it
to smash the rebels. That the Jedi happened to find the Clone army
somewhat
prematurely didn't hurt - that only diverted the attention from
Palpatine :-/

Later,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com