Prev: Re: [OT]Episode II: I knew it! (Minor Spoiler and Some Ranting About The Actual Movie) Next: Re: Earth Map

Re: [OT]Episode II: I knew it! (Minor Spoiler and Some Ranting About The Actual Movie)

From: Katie Lucas <katie@f...>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 20:52:55 +0100
Subject: Re: [OT]Episode II: I knew it! (Minor Spoiler and Some Ranting About The Actual Movie)

On Sun, May 26, 2002 at 08:36:25AM -0700, Michael Llaneza wrote:
> It was a bit odd seeing a CGI-heavy movie with Ralph McQuarrie's
> sketches used as backdrops. And I mean 'sketch', you could see pencil
> lines in a couple of scenes, most notably Amidala's ship parked
outside
> the moisture farm (a sequence that needed to be longer).

Bloody Tatooine is turning out to be more of a centre to the
empire/republic/federation/whatever than Trantor is.

I thought it was bad enough film 3 went there and -- oh my god, it's
not only where Luke comes from, it's where Jabba lives as well! And
now it seems to be where Anakin comes from.. and Uncle Owen's circle
of aquantancies seems to include the who's-who of the entire of recent
interesting history...

Brr. The old series had a sort of placing - there were these dimly
mentioned historic events and stuff.

And we've replaced that with CGI'd tanks exploding.

OK, it's not as bad as E1, but E4-6 were terrible without being
/TERRIBLE/..

Prev: Re: [OT]Episode II: I knew it! (Minor Spoiler and Some Ranting About The Actual Movie) Next: Re: Earth Map