Prev: RE: [FT] New Weapon from Bryon Ash Next: Re: WTF is FMA?

RE: [FT] Phalon Fighters

From: Charles Taylor <nerik@m...>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 19:00:40 +0100
Subject: RE: [FT] Phalon Fighters

In message <A8877251964B294BAB5BA1FC58B43FED61346F@molly.tas.csiro.au>
	  Beth.Fulton@csiro.au wrote:

> G'day,
>
> > Plasma Bolt fighters: these mount a one-shot, miniature version of
the
> > plasma bolt launcher, either...
> > treat these as torpedo fighters, but they only inflict damage
> > on a roll of 4 or 5 vs. level 1 screen, or a roll of 4 vs. level 2
> screens, they
> > have no secondary armament (cost 5 each) or...
> > give them a mini plasma bolt, launched as placed
> > ordinance, radius 1 mu (.5 mu in vector), damage 1D6. (cost ???
each)
> > or... mini PB too small to be noticed in FB scale, but big enough to
> > auto-hit - treat fighter as torp fighter, but any die roll
> > does damage, level 1 screen negates 6s, level 2 screen negates
> > 5+ (cost 6-7 points)
>
> Last one sounds like the easiest to implement (though if the first is
> closest to how PBLs are normally effected by screens then go with
it...
> sorry don't have my FB2 stuff with me to check).

actually both the 1st & 3rd options are based on the effect of screens
on
plasma bolts. ATM I prefer 3 as well, as 2 is potentially a huge can of
worms :-)

> > Vapour Shroud fighters....
>
> I take it you must have enough fighters present to match the size of
the
> ship before they can successfully shroud it?
>
> Beth

Essentially yes, I did consider allowing them to 'half-shroud' a target
(effect: target gains level-1 screen protection, everything the target
fires at gains level-1 screen protection, or 6mu extra range for pulse
torps & k-guns) - but I decided to leave it out for simplicity.

Prev: RE: [FT] New Weapon from Bryon Ash Next: Re: WTF is FMA?