Prev: "My mob" Next: [FT] New Weapon from Bryon Ash

Re: DS2 questions (or comments on OO's replies)

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 19:04:04 +0200
Subject: Re: DS2 questions (or comments on OO's replies)

TomB wrote:

> >>7) Would there be any point to making a conventional boat also
> >>amphibious?
>
> >No. The DS2 "amphibious" modification can only be used by Tracked and
> >Wheeled vehicles.
>
>What about GEV/Grav? (They don't normally require it, but I'm thinking
>of when they suffer a failure that makes them immobile, I'd rather not
>sink if I was in one... just
>float... wouldn't that be amphibious?)

If the vehicle is hit hard enough to be immobilized (ie., unable to
hover)... how much would you bet that it is still watertight enough to
float, even if it could float before being damaged?

> >>9) What's the easiest way to do LCIs and LCTs?
> >
> >Using the "Riverine Craft Design" rules on p.13 and spending most or
> >all of their capacity on infantry or vehicle carrying capability.
>
>I'd imagine there would be a requirement for "oversize" to hall
anything
>larger than a single size 3 MBT.

Of course.

> >>10) To get assault boats for your leg infantry, do you just buy an
> >>amphibious mod?
> >
> >DS2 has no rules for inflatables, I'm afraid. Less man-portable
assault
> >boats are designed using the "Riverine Craft Design" rules.
>
>Do you think adding the amphibious mod to infantry would be a suitable
>costing to allow them to cross water as if it were poor terrain? (Small
>boats, maybe a wee electric outboard or just paddles)

Not really, no. An inflatable boat able to carry 4-5 men is big enough
rate as a size/1 vehicle when inflated, and somehow I doubt that you're
going to inflate or deflate it during a battle.

Later,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: "My mob" Next: [FT] New Weapon from Bryon Ash