Prev: Re: Star Wars: Ep 2 DS/SG/FMAS discussion Next: Re: WTF is FMA?

Re: WTF is FMA?

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 08:57:34 -0500
Subject: Re: WTF is FMA?

On 22 May 2002 09:03:20 -0400, Flak Magnet
<flakmagnet@tabletop-battlezone.com> wrote:

>What is FMA?
>
>Where can I learn more about it?

FMA is the name Jon gives to the opposed die roll game system used in
Stargrunt II and Dirtside II. FMA is also the short form given for Jon's
upcoming game, FMA Skirmish. FMA stands for "Full Metal Anorak", a play
on
"Full Metal Jacket" and a garment stereotypically worn by British game
geeks.

FMAS another short form for "FMA Skirmish".

FMAS has one figure equal to one person, like SG2, but the scale is
smaller.
Each figure is moved independently. A typical FMAS game would include
about 10
figures per side.

Jon posted a test version of FMAS a couple of years ago on this list. I
think
I still have what he posted, if you're interested. The game is being
playtested, and some things have changed since Jon's initial posting.
The
playtest list has been playing it out for a while now. I'm sure the game
has
changed a fair bit from that original posting by Jon (I'm not sure, as
those
of us on the playtest list are awaiting Jon's latest rules revision).

http://www.hyperbear.com

unimaginable mortician was revealed!"

Prev: Re: Star Wars: Ep 2 DS/SG/FMAS discussion Next: Re: WTF is FMA?