Prev: Interesting space games Next: RE: More Foulups for Missions

Re: Interesting space games

From: Jaime Tiampo <fugu@s...>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 12:24:09 -0700
Subject: Re: Interesting space games

Tomb wrote:

> http://www.adastragames.com/games.html
>
> My attention was caught by the Trader part, as I'm running a
Merchantile
> Traveller campaign shortly and would be interested to see what these
> guys did with trade/commerce. But the space combat game might be (as
> might the minis) of more general interest. Also the fact they are
using
> Hipparcos data for their starmap speaks well of them (for those of us
> who like real starmaps).
>
> Anyone played Delta V? Anyone have any comments or reviews of it?

I did a demo here at our local gaming con last October. Call it SFB
Lite. It has some interesting parts to it. I'm not sure I like the
damage track system it uses and the movment system is a little
combersome until you get into it. Weapons do poor damage at anything but
point plank range so it ends up being strafing run after strafing run
but I didn't get to use the missiles in the system so they'd add another
dimention to it.

Prev: Interesting space games Next: RE: More Foulups for Missions