Prev: Re: MURPHY AT WAR Next: Re: MURPHY AT WAR

Re: MURPHY AT WAR

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 12:51:10 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Re: MURPHY AT WAR

Alan and Carmel Brain schrieb:

> > Aviator is having a rough day and dumps his ordnance
> > more or less at random on the battlefield.
>
> If it's the USAAF, how could you tell?
> (Yes, I meant the extra A - they've improved over the
> years).

Not that much, as can be gleaned from recent events (thogh I'm not sure
other AF are that much better)

Some more ideas:

- You are travelling down a narrow mountain road. You find the road
blocked by a rockslide and the engineer vehicle is not first in your
order of march
- The river you are using as a flank guard has frozen solidly enough to
allow enemies to cross
- You have dug yourself a nice defensive position facing forward.
Unfortunately, enemy tanks have broken through elsewhere and are coming
from the rear.
- Your are resting in a quiet little village. You get informed that an
enemy offensive is under way and going to encircle the whole area. Get
out as quickly as possible. Anybody on the table at the end of the game
counts as a prisoner.
- You are at the spearhead of a pincer movement. Those guys coming from
the other side of the table could be buddies or baddies and your IFF is
iffy.
- You have a convoi of 100 trucks and a platoon to protect them.

Greetings

Prev: Re: MURPHY AT WAR Next: Re: MURPHY AT WAR