Prev: Roadkill. used to be Re: Bugs Next: RE: Re: Re: [FT] Battlecruisers vs. battleships

Re: Roadkill. used to be Re: Bugs

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 09:38:51 -0700
Subject: Re: Roadkill. used to be Re: Bugs

>From: "laserlight@quixnet.net" <laserlight@quixnet.net>

>I usually think of roadkill as "possum/racoon" because that's what I
>usually see.  OTOH a few years ago my brother went out for deer season
>(which is a major deal in the Appalachians, I know people who take
vacation
>time for deer season and work Christmas and New Years),

Same here in Oregon.  for about $20 (License, tag, & a few rounds) you
can
get enough meat to feed your family all winter.

>returning each evening empty-handed, cold, wet, and more frustrated
than
>the day before.  After several days, he came back cold, wet, with a
deer in
>the truck, and madder than ever.  He'd been hunting 15 hours without
>results, then when he was driving home, a deer jumped in front of his
>truck.

That sort of irony is pretty common, actually.	He's not the first I've
heard of who had that happen.

3B^2

Prev: Roadkill. used to be Re: Bugs Next: RE: Re: Re: [FT] Battlecruisers vs. battleships