Prev: Re: Bugs, usted to be Wolfman's grav tank model Next: Re: Re: [FT] Battlecruisers vs. battleships

Re: [ot] RL flying!

From: Phillip Atcliffe <Phillip.Atcliffe@u...>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 10:13:27 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: [ot] RL flying!

On Thu, 16 May 2002 22:36:19 -0700 (PDT) Brian Burger
<yh728@victoria.tc.ca> wrote:

> I think I've mentioned a few times in the last six weeks or so that
I'm taking flying lessons - well, today I solo'd!

Congratulations, Brian. That's a real milestone, and one you'll
remember all your life.

[Snip description of solo]

Sounds familiar -- very like my first solo, except that I didn't tell
the tower! (Playing it cool, right? While trying not to panic on the
inside... ;-))

I don't remember much difference in the handling of my aircraft (a
Tomahawk -- Piper, not Curtiss <g>) without the instructor, but then,
we were both large guys and I was always slightly concerned that the
a/c might have been over MTOW with both of us and a full fuel load...
<B-)

> Stuff debating FT scifi fighters - real Cessnas are much more
interesting! <

Well, they're more fun to move around... <g>

Congrats again, and take care. Remember, the number of landings must
always equal the number of take-offs at the end of the day (or before
the fuel runs out, whichever comes first).

Phil
----
Gravity is a Downer... So let's go flying!

Prev: Re: Bugs, usted to be Wolfman's grav tank model Next: Re: Re: [FT] Battlecruisers vs. battleships