Prev: Re: [FT] back to fighters Next: Re: [FT] back to fighters

Re: [FT] Battlecruisers vs. battleships

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@e...>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 17:52:40 -0700
Subject: Re: [FT] Battlecruisers vs. battleships

Actually, that happened in the Russo-Japanese War. The Japanese at
Tsushima were getting hits before the Russians thought they were in
range. The European navies picked up on this. Both Germany and Britain
(and the USA) had people working on long range accuracy between
1905-1914. By 1914 long range director firing was doctrine in pretty
much every navy involved. The Turks I wonder about...

Right concept though. Spot on.