Prev: Re: [FT] Fighters (the bleeding continues) Next: Re: Star Wars Episode II

Re: [OT] Battlecruisers vs. battleships

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@e...>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 15:04:20 -0700
Subject: Re: [OT] Battlecruisers vs. battleships

The action I wanted to see was a hypothetical Dec 10th, 1941 engagement
between the Prince of Wales and the Repulse against the Haruna and the
Kongo (both originally BCs, later converted to fast battleships). I have

wargamed this action once (using Raider Operations - ask me about
multiplayer Internet naval warfare offlist) and the Japanese BCs seemed
fairly effective - although a lucky torpedo strike left the Prince of
Wales fighting alone in very short order. I'll try the scenario again
and hope the RN can dodge torpedoes.