Prev: Re: [DS2] Questions Next: Re: [DS2] Questions

Re: Hover Tank bumper sticker

From: Henrix <henrix@b...>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 15:23:21 +0200
Subject: Re: Hover Tank bumper sticker

At 11:04 2002-05-15 -0700, Brian Bilderback wrote:
>>From: Indy <kochte@stsci.edu>
>>Question for all and asundry: when did the K'V become 'bugs'?
>>Maybe it's just me, but they don't strike me as being bug-like
>>in any fashion.  :-/	 So looking for clarification.
>
>I suppose there was an assumption based on the "Bugs Don't Surf!" title

>that Bugs, for whatever reason, is a common slang term for aliens, and
is
>possible as one picked for the KV.  Of course, we could be wrong.

When I first read about Kra'Vak they reminded me of the kafer (or
käfer*,
as it should really be, it's german) the nast aliens in [Traveller] 2300
AD.
Käfer means crabs, and so scaly things > Bugs!

And, well, there are precedents...

* If the umlauts work, of course.

____

Prev: Re: [DS2] Questions Next: Re: [DS2] Questions