Prev: Re: FB designs & fighters Next: Re: Hover Tank update

Re: Hover Tank update

From: "Randy W. Wolfmeyer" <rwwolfme@a...>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 17:47:41 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Hover Tank update

On Wed, 15 May 2002, Ryan M Gill wrote:

> Hmm. How about an under armor mortar and a loader's Pintle MG? A

Umm....I don't really know what an under armor mortar would look like,
or
exactly where I'd put it.  I know the Israeli Merkava has one, but I
haven't found a decent picture.

Originally I had the commanders hatch with just a pintle mounted machine
gun, and for some reason it didn't look right.	Too low tech I guess.
That's why I went with a sub-turreted minigun.

One other thing, more general in nature:  in my head I've been thinking
of
this thing having a 3-man crew rather than a 4-man crew.  Pretty much
counting on the fact of a lot of automation, and the main-gun is
intended
to be Gauss cannon of some sort, so the ammo is going to be very big
(but
look out for the capacitors).  Part of my reason is that I'm designing
it
for use in a FMA scenario and I really don't know what 4 crew-members
are
going to do with all of their actions during the game.

> basket on the back of the turret and or hull rear for kit to be
> stowed into would be neat too. Something made out of wire would look
> really really good. But, given the sci-fi form, a couple of water
> proof bins for crew kit and extras would make sense (see the units
> from the M47s that appeared on M48s given their preferred sealed
> nature...) You don't _ever_ have enough stowage on an armored
> vehicle. Kit bags and stuff hung off the sides of the turret would
> make sense too.

I was planning on having some external stowage.  I might put in the
raised
armor panels on the back sides of the turret, and then put some boxes
over
that.  Would it make sense to put some on the back of the body too?

Prev: Re: FB designs & fighters Next: Re: Hover Tank update