Prev: [DS] ISO images Next: The Wolf-man's tank!

Re: Hover Tank update

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 17:25:46 -0400
Subject: Re: Hover Tank update

At 1:25 AM -0500 5/15/02, Randy W. Wolfmeyer wrote:
>Hi everyone, as a change of pace from the fighter conversation, I'd
like
>someone to take a peek at the update to the hover tank that I posted
about
>back in March.
>
>http://www.artsci.wustl.edu/~rwwolfme

I just looked at this. Looks bloody nice.

>Let me know if you think it works or not.  I've added quite a few
details,
>and some moving parts like hatches and thruster exhausts.  If you can
>think of any details that I might be missing, let me know.  Last time
>everyone gave me lots of very helpful constructive, and it helped me
>develop the design a bit.

Hmm. How about an under armor mortar and a loader's Pintle MG? A
basket on the back of the turret and or hull rear for kit to be
stowed into would be neat too. Something made out of wire would look
really really good. But, given the sci-fi form, a couple of water
proof bins for crew kit and extras would make sense (see the units
from the M47s that appeared on M48s given their preferred sealed
nature...) You don't _ever_ have enough stowage on an armored
vehicle. Kit bags and stuff hung off the sides of the turret would
make sense too.

- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@SPAmindspring.com			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com		 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-    Smart ID cards in the US, Smart ID cards in Hong Kong,    -
-		      what is the difference?		       -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF-ACLU   -

Prev: [DS] ISO images Next: The Wolf-man's tank!