Prev: Re: Hover Tank update Next: Re: Hover Tank update

Re: Friendly Darth?

From: Derek Fulton <derekfulton@b...>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 01:09:50 +1000
Subject: Re: Friendly Darth?

At 09:47  15/05/02 -0500, Allan wrote:
>On Wed, 15 May 2002 09:41:33 -0500, "kevinbalentine"
><kevinbalentine@mail.ev1.net> wrote:
>
> >Well, there was Pricess Leia's homeworld ...
>
>That wasn't Vader. That was Grand Moff Tarkin/Peter Cushing.
>
>Vader did nothing to stop it. Now this could have been a sort of
"Coventry"
>style "better not save the innocents as it would blow my cover" kind of
>deal. I don't think George is capable of that kind of characterization,
>though. I think it's pretty clear that Vader is bad, until the 3rd... I
mean
>6th... movie, when he redeems himself (by killing someone).

One of the local Star Wars fiends recently told me that the first cut of

"Return Of The Jedi" had Luke failing and joining the Emperor (I suppose
he
ran Dad through with his light sabre) but Lando does manage to blow up
the
Death Star but doesn't get to escape in time. Hence the scene that did
make
it into the film where Han gets all misty eyed about his ship before
scooting off to Endor. Apparently Lucas changed his mind after viewing
the
first cut, me I must admit I like the idea of Luke turning bad and then
going up with the ship as I found this film to be a poor cousin to "The
Empire Strikes Back".

Cheers

Derek

Derek Fulton
12 Balaka st.
Rosny, Hobart.
Tasmania,  7018.
Australia

Phone; (03) 62459123
Mobile; 0438459123
Email; derekfulton@bigpond.com

Prev: Re: Hover Tank update Next: Re: Hover Tank update