Prev: RE: Hover Tank update Next: Re: [OT] Gaming at work ...

[OT] Infinity

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 09:11:59 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: [OT] Infinity

Oerjan Ohlson schrieb:
> Laserlight wrote:
>
> > > in this particular case 6 fighters is  close enough
> to infinity
> >
> >Sounds like an entry for the Quote Board
>
> Och, that's nothing. While studying (very) basic antenna
> design some years ago, the professor told us that "in this
application, the
> infinite distance where the far-field formulae for the
electromagnetic
> field can be used is roughly one meter" :-)

This is the inverse of a common phrase I heard in Mathematics at
university:

"Nearly all of them"...
Translation:
"All of them except for a finite sub-set"
No matter whether the sub-set contained one or a Billion elements.
What's a Billion compared to infinity ?

Greetings

Prev: RE: Hover Tank update Next: Re: [OT] Gaming at work ...