Prev: Airships as ships and not craft Next: (semi-OT) Vacc-heads: shuttle for sale

RE: Re: Fighters

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 07:46:51 -0700
Subject: RE: Re: Fighters

>From: Phillip Atcliffe <Phillip.Atcliffe@uwe.ac.uk>

>Later, after the Goblin idea was dropped, the '36 was used for a series
>of experiments known as FiCON -- Fighter In CONvair -- in which a
>slightly modified F-84 Thunderstreak was mounted in the bomb-bay. I
>didn't know that they tried a Hun as well, but why not?

No, you're right, it was an 84, not a 100, my memory was just bad.  I do

know they switched from the 36 to the 52 in the whole Parasite
experiment.
Discovery Wings had a pretty indepth show on the whole project and it's
influence on later X-plane projects.

3B^2

Prev: Airships as ships and not craft Next: (semi-OT) Vacc-heads: shuttle for sale