Prev: Re: [OT] Gaming at work ... Next: Re: [FT] back to fighters

Re: fighters (shorter than the last rant)

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 15:21:19 -0700
Subject: Re: fighters (shorter than the last rant)

>From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com>

>The problem is that we've already got a naming scheme confusion.

Agreed.  "Interceptors" as described in the game seem to be a nebulous
cross
between a true Interceptor and an Aerospace Superiority Fighter --
essentially a craft designed to engage other similar-sized craft.

>Fighters that should be called Attack Space Craft/Planes. If we call
>them bombers, then we're running over my still to be played anymore
>bomber idea with a mass 2-3 craft designed to run the role of the
>B-24/25/17 in the maritime role.

No comment on that idea, but I will say that the problem with using the
term
"Bomber" is just the same as the problem with "Interceptor"  -- people
will
confuse their conception of the definition of "Bomber" with what it's
intended to mean in the game.  What's needed is a set definition of
terms,
and a set of terms that matches the intended game effect.

3B^2

Prev: Re: [OT] Gaming at work ... Next: Re: [FT] back to fighters