Prev: Gonkishness Next: Fighters

Re: Fighters options please

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 20:44:57 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Re: Fighters options please

Brian Bilderback schrieb:
> > > Out of curiosity, what effect would allowing "wasted
> > > kills" from  successful PDS attacks to carry over to other
squadrons
> > > attacking the ship?  Has the advantage of eliminating the time
spent
> > > designating which PDS will fire at which squadron
> > > and such.  Just roll you PDS dice, total up the kills, and remove
that
> > > many fighters, then resolve their attacks.
> > >
> The only problem I can foresee is how to allocate the
> kills.  If you have 3 attacking squadrons (18 fighters), and your PDS
kills
> 13 of those, does it kill 2 squadrons plus 1 fighter from the third,
or , 6,
> 4, & 3, or 5,5,&3?

There are any number of possible methods to deal with that. Hust a
matter of defining a rule.

How about: attacker and defender each allocate half the hits ? With any
extra hit allocated by the attacker.

As to the matter of handling heavy fighters under such a scheme: how
about doubling the average number of hits / PDS, put requiring 2 hits
to kill a normal fighter, 3 for a heavy, 1 for a light one ?

Or: Light fighters have to be removed first, heavies last ?

Greetings

Prev: Gonkishness Next: Fighters