Prev: Re: Blake's 7 BEAD SHIP Next: [FT] fighter flavor (LONG) was: interceptors

Re: Blakes 7 Ship Stats

From: Charles Taylor <nerik@m...>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 19:09:20 +0100
Subject: Re: Blakes 7 Ship Stats

In message <3CDFD057.8377.E97DF5@localhost>
	  steve@pugh.net wrote:

> > Does anyone have some stats for the liberator and the federation
> > pursuit ships ?
>
> Tricky, as the writers didn't give a damn about consitency or science
> and the FX had next to zero budget.
>
> Liberator: Big. Fast, B7 especially the early seasons didn't really
> distinguish between FTL and sub-light drives so it's hard to judge
> whether the Liberator should have high thrust or not. Force fields of
> some type - maybe FT standard Screens, maybe something borrowed from
> one of the Trek adaptations. Neutron Blaster - big (B3 or B4) forward
> firing beams. Cargo holds. Superior Sensors (especially if Orac's on
> board).
>
> Pursuit Ships: Small. Fast. Forward firing plasma bolt weaponry (FT
> pulse torp or small Phalon plasma bolt?).

Actually, the 'Starburst' class Pursuit ships were almost as big as the
Liberator (in 'Dual' we get a reasonable comparison of sizes as
Liberator
almost rams one - I don't recall ever seeing the two ship types
together in any other shop).

> Do you have the B7 Tech Manual produced by the Blake's 7 Appreciation
> Society? http://www.horizon.org.uk/
> I'll have a look through mine tonight and see if I can come up with
> some stats.
>
> > Also does anyone know of a source of miniatures ?
>
> The old Corgi die-cast Liberators must be worth a fortune by now.
> Mine got rather battered and, um, chewed. :-(
>
>	Steve

Well, there were the old Comet Mini-Metals, but they are currently out
of production - Comet _may_ bring them back, possibly.

Charles

Prev: Re: Blake's 7 BEAD SHIP Next: [FT] fighter flavor (LONG) was: interceptors