Prev: RE: interceptors Next: Re: [SG] ESU Spentznaz

RE: interceptors

From: "B Lin" <lin@r...>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 10:43:01 -0600
Subject: RE: interceptors

Going further - is the 12" range enough of an advantage, that the normal
+1 to the die roll should be eliminated to keep the point cost the same.
 And how much advantage is 12" attack range worth? An extra point per
fighter?

Perhaps the PSB for long-range anti-fighter weaponry might be a larger
missile with pumped-x-ray lasers in multiple directions (similar in
thought to the larger frag warheads of today's missiles), that is
multi-staged - a big booster base for inital velocity, but is ballistic
for most of the flight path but retains enough fuel in the upper stage
for some last second maneuvering to get into effective range.

-- Binhan

<< LARGE SNIP>>