Prev: RE: Fighters options please Next: Re: fighters (shorter than the last rant)

RE: interceptors

From: "B Lin" <lin@r...>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 09:50:45 -0600
Subject: RE: interceptors

Taking that a step further using a modern analogy:

Some modern air-superiority fighters (like the F-14) use bigger, longer
ranged missiles in the superiority role, but are still roughly the same
speed as other fighters (Mach 2), so perhaps instead of increasing the
move, you could increase the attack range to 12" vs. other fighters,
which would simulate longer ranged beam/missiles that don't have enough
to punch ship hull but enough to disable/destroy fighters.  This would
allow interceptors to attack non-interceptors with a degree of safety,
but they would still have to expend CEF for the extra moves and combat
firing.

--Binhan